There has been a lot of talk about 21st December and the end of the Mayan calendar in recent years claiming that the ancient Mayans believed that this date would mark the end of the world.
I personally feel that this theory is most probably completely false and conjured up by a few people who want to sell books and DVDs on the subject! Yes I agree, the Mayans were incredible astrologers with an amazing ability to create astonishingly accurate calendars. However, there is actually no real evidence that the Mayan’s believed this date would mark the end of the world.
What the Mayan’s worked out was a series of cycles known as the Long Count. The long count is represented as a five place notation system of ascending cycles – kins (days), winals (20-day months), tuns (360 days), k’atuns (20 tuns), and bak’tuns (20 k’atuns).
The largest of the long count’s five cycles, the bak’tun, is a period equaling 400 tuns. Many people believe that the full cycle of the Long Count is complete when 13 bak’tuns have passed since the beginning of the creation of this current universe, identified as the 4th creation in the Maya “story of creation”, the Popol Vuh. That date will occur on December 21, 2012 AD.
Experts say 13 was a significant number for the Maya, and the end of that cycle would be a milestone — but not an end.
Only a couple of references to the 2012 date equivalency have been found carved in stone at Maya sites, and neither refers to an apocalypse, experts say.
Geoffrey Braswell, an anthropologist at the University of California at San Diego, compared the Maya calendar, with its system of cycles within cycles, to the series of synchronized wheels contained in old, analogue car odometers.
‘The Maya long count system is like a car odometer,’ Braswell wrote. ‘My first car (odometer) only had six wheels so it went up to 99,999.9 miles. That didn’t mean the car would explode after reaching 100,000 miles.’
What the Mayan’s did believe was that every time a cycle completed it would mark a milestone or a change in the human consciousness.
Carlos Barrios, Mayan elder and Ajq’ij (is a ceremonial priest and spiritual guide) of the Eagle Clan. Carlos initiated an investigation into the different Mayan calendars circulating. Carlos along with his brother Gerardo studied with many teachers and interviewed nearly 600 traditional Mayan elders to widen their scope of knowledge.
Carlos found out quickly there were several conflicting interpretations of Mayan hieroglyphs, petroglyphs, Sacred Books of ‘Chilam Balam’ and various ancient text. Carlos found some strong words for those who may have contributed to the confusion:
Carlos Barrios: “Anthropologists visit the temple sites and read the inscriptions and make up stories about the Maya, but they do not read the signs correctly. It’s just their imagination. Other people write about prophecy in the name of the Maya. They say that the world will end in December 2012. The Mayan elders are angry with this. The world will not end. It will be transformed.”
“We are no longer in the World of the Fourth Sun, but we are not yet in the World of the Fifth Sun. This is the time in-between, the time of transition. As we pass through transition there is a colossal, global convergence of environmental destruction, social chaos, war, and ongoing Earth Changes.”
He continues: “Humanity will continue, but in a different way. Material structures will change. From this we will have the opportunity to be more human. We are living in the most important era of the Mayan calendars and prophecies. All the prophecies of the world, all the traditions are converging now. There is no time for games. The spiritual ideal of this era is action.”
Read more: http://www.seri-worldwide.org/id435.html
One of my favorite teachers is the late great Krishnamurti. He firmly believed that for humans to reach a level of peace on a global scale we would require an evolution in our own consciousness and things like politics, religion and war has not and never will be the solution.
I am actually very positive about the future as I can see this evolution occurring at a fantastic rate since Krishnamurti gave his great speeches.
Here is some inspiring evidence:
1. We are actually living in the most peaceful time in history, don’t believe me: Read this fantastic article by Harvard Professor, Steven Pinker, http://thisgivesmehope.com/2012/06/24/340-ours-is-the-most-peaceful-era-in-history/
2. 34% of the world’s population is now connected via the internet and this is growing fast. The world is becoming more transparent and connected that ever before. I have formed amazing friends and conscious co-creators all around the world. Social media means good and bad news spreads ultra fast. People are less ignorant about how they are being treated by the higher powers, and this means massive positive changes are occurring worldwide.
Read more: http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm
3. Hemp (cannabis) has finally been made legal in two states in the USA after being outlawed by outdated draconian style laws. Hemp can save the planet if properly cultivated on mass – it is a highly efficient and eco friendly biofuel, no need to chop down trees as the paper from hemp is far superior, hemp is more durable than cotton, these are just a few of its amazing qualities, and it even cures cancer and relieves many other ailments.. If you are not aware about the many benefits of hemp I urge you to watch the videos and read the mission on our new fan page:
Read More: http://www.facebook.com/thehempcafe
4. Websites like Indiegogo.com and kickstarter.com mean that anyone can get funding for their idea, or creative project. You no longer have to beg your bank or seek out private investor who take all your profits! I know how hard it is being a creative person like myself when I was stuck in a day job trying to earn enough to fund my passion. Now there is no need to wait, just share your ideas and you can raise some serious money to do what you love! The very fact sites like this exist shows that humanity really does care for each other and there are millions of alturistic people out there waiting to support YOU!
5. People are actually living longer, more abundant and happier lives across the world. The average life expectancy in Africa reached 55 this year, when it was 50 just 10 years ago. Death from AIDS has been in decline for the last eight years, and malaria deaths have fallen by 1/5 in half a decade. There may be more cancer, diabetes, and heart disease but this is closely related to a rise in stress, obesity and over consumption. This is something that we can easily fix through education, stress reducing techniques like yoga and meditation, and simply watching what we consume.
If you were to listen to politicians or the media, you may feel that the world is about to end! It is their job to identify problems and offer solutions, when in fact they often are the cause of the problem. Governments are forced to be more transparent now and the power is slowly coming back to the public – just look what happened during the Arab springs earlier this year!
Most of the wealthy and successful people I know simply ignore the news, politicians and the mass media. They realize a lot of what they say is fear mongering and if they focus on this negativity, it is a waste of their time and energy, when they could be more focused on making the world an even better place.
I used to be that guy who moaned about everything. I hated my job. I hated my relationships. I thought all rich people were corrupt and that the end of the world was approaching! Then I got sick, very sick and thats when I got motivated enough to change my perception.
I am pretty sure that if this had happened to me 10 years ago, I would be up to my eye balls in medication and even housebound. With modern advances in technology, and the ability to connect with like minded souls at a touch of a button using the internet, the power of life and soul saving information to spread is unparalleled in history.
After realizing all this negativity was madness, I took advantage of this ability to instantly access information to solve my problems and I devoured as much positively inspiring information as I could. I got to work very hard on changing my negative habits and beliefs and I am glad to report that I am in a far far happier place.
I made a promise to myself that I would help as many people as possible to break free from the chains of negativity that I was once in.
My music and work has now touched the lives of 1000s of people around the world and many have overcome serious stress related issues as a result and I too am healed from the bad health I suffered from in the past.
I would never have been able to achieve this on the scale that I have if I was not living in this amazing time in our worlds history.
I have only just started and I am at the tip of the iceberg as to what is possible right now!
The late great Gandhi famously once said “Be the change you wish to see in the world”
So if you still feel the world is dark and negative place, then it will only change, when YOU change!
This brilliant article here sums up why 2012 is the greatest year in human history.
FREE VIDEO: Schumann Resonance 7.83hz Meditation – Evolution Of Consciousness (Extra Sensory Perception) – Trypnaural Ultra
This is a Trypnaural Ultra session that features hypnotic music played at tempo of 117bpm. Arpeggios played at this bpm create frequencies of sound that correspond to 7.83hz schumann resonance, also know as the Earth’s heartbeat. Deep meditation in this state can help you to tune into the pulse of the planet and enhance your own conscious evolution.
This video features a sample from Krishnamurti from his talk on “The Consciousness Of Evolution”
This meditation is designed to help your mind ascend to the higher frequencies of peace and joy. A combination of special brainwave entrainment frequencies, music, sounds and vocals are used to stimulate your brains natural production of the beneficial hormones, serotonin and melatonin.
Members of TrypnauralMeditation.com can download the full audio + video, including a version without the sample from Krishnamurti.
Peace and blessings