What If Money Were No Object – Trypnaural Meditation Feat Alan Watts
What do you desire?
What makes you itch? What sort of a situation would you like?
Let’s suppose – I do this often in vocational guidance of students. They come to me and say, “Well, uh, we’re getting out of college, and we haven’t the faintest idea of what we want to do.”
So I always ask the question, “What would you like to do if money were no object? How would you really enjoy spending your life?”
Well, it’s so amazing. As a result of our kind of educational system, crowds of students say, “Well, we’d like to be painters, we’d like to be poets, we’d like to be writers. But as everybody knows you can’t earn any money that way.”
Or another person says, “I’d like to live an out-of-doors life and ride horses.”
I said, “Do you want to teach at a riding school? Let’s go through with it. What do you want to do?”
When we finally got down to something which the individual says he really wants to do. I will say to him, “you do that, and forget the money.
Because if you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you will spend your life completely wasting your time. You will be doing things you don’t like doing in order to go on living that is to go on doing things you don’t like doing. Which is STUPID!
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way.
And after all, if you do really like what your’e doing, it doesn’t matter what it is, you can eventually become a master of it. It’s the only way to become a master of something, to be really with it. And then you’ll be able to get a good fee for whatever it is.
So don’t worry too much. Somebody’s interested in everything. And anything you can be interested in, you’ll find others who are.
But it’s absolutely stupid to spend your time doing things you don’t like in order to go on doing things you don’t like and to teach your children to follow in the same track. See, what we’re doing is we’re bringing up children, and educating them to live the same sort of lives we’re living in order that they may justify themselves and find satisfaction in life by bringing up their children to bring up their children to do the same thing. It’s all wretch and no vomit. It never gets there!
And so therefore it’s so important to consider this question. “What do I desire?”
Alan Watts, What If Money Were No Object
Exercise 1 – What Would You Do If You Only Had 6 Months Left To Live?
This is exercise is a real passion determiner!
I heard a great speech by Steve Jobs from Apple. He says his motto is to “live each day like it is your last”
So I submitted a thread on an internet marketing forum known as the Warrior Forum about a year ago asking the above question. It became quite a popular thread with lots of interesting responses.
Here is a summary of the most popular responses:
• Spend time traveling to places I have always wanted to visit
• Spend most of my times doing what I love (hobbies and interests, not job)
• Spend more time with family and friends
• Try to do all the life experiences that I have always dreamed of.
Have a long hard think about your answer to this question……..
“What would be all the things you would want to do?”
The answers to this is really your bliss!
Exercise 4 – Describe Your Dream Lifestyle
This is another powerful passion determiner!
If you had no limitations such as money, geography, health, family issues, no limiting factors.
- How would your perfect day look?
- Describe this in great detail,
- What you would do when you woke up?
- What you would have for breakfast?
- How you would spend your time?
- What would you have for lunch and dinner?
- Who would speak to? What would you talk about?
- What would your friends be like?
- What activities would you be doing?
- What would you do at night? From the mundane right through to the fun.
- Keep it real, and try not to think of things that could land you into trouble such as breaking the law, copious amounts of drugs and booze etc
- What would you do for personal fulfillment?
- What would be your life purpose?
- What would your business be like?
- What time would you start work?
- What would you actually do at work?
- What would your clients be like?
- What would be your perfect relationship?
- If you could have any partner you could have what would he/she be like, look like, smell like, act like?
- What would be their values?
- What would they do for personal fulfillment?
You should keep these answers in a safe place so you can revisit them at a time in the future. You may be quite surprised at how accurately your life has actually morphed into your dream life. This is especially fast tracked if you use visualization techniques such as dream boards and meditation.
Awaken The Full Potential Of Your Mind TO Create Your Own Perfect Reality Using Trypnaural Meditation
The music in the video above is Serotonin Sunrise, a Trypnaural Ultra session that features hypnotic music played at tempo of 120bpm. Arpeggios played at this bpm create harmonic frequencies of sound that correspond to alpha and theta waves in the brain.
You can get the full Trypnaural Ultra 50 minute mix called Inner Journey – The Awakening Experience here
You can find this along with many other sessions like this inside our Trypnaural library.
Now answer the question,
“What would you do if money were no object?”
then please share your answers in the comments below 🙂